Get Salon-Quality Manicure at Home Without Breaking Your Budget with These Tips.
As we spend more time doing virtual classes, it’s noticeable that our fingernails need some polishing and pampering. Yes, girl! I’m referring to a manicure, and you need to get those nails shimmering for your next virtual meetings. Here is our guide to achieving a salon-grade manicure without leaving your home.
- Get the Essentials. Here are the manicure products you need to get for your nail pampering session.
- Nail File & Buffer Block
- Nail Clippers
- Cuticle Remover
- Hand & Cuticle Cream
- Base Coats & Top Polish Coats
You can find them all in your nearest makeup boutique, online stores, or even in department stores.
- Prep & Paint. Before getting on with coloring your nails with the best (or most preferred) shades, here are some preparations to do.
- Wash your hands and dry them thoroughly. Then, work your way to removing some previous nail polish with a remover. Even so, just apply nail polish remover before applying coats on your fingernails.
- Start chipping away and shaping the nails. While most wanted to keep longer fingernails, a well-trimmed one looks way better (and cleaner) to do. If you want to achieve slimmer nails, shape them in round or almond shapes.
- Check out the cuticles. If you can, remove them by trimming. If not, at least nourish those cuticles with cuticle oil to prevent dreaded hangnails and splintering.
- Prepare to polish your nails. Moisturize your hands and begin applying coats to every nail. Unless you have a manicure coat that acts both, start with a base coat and apply the topcoats a few minutes later.
- Carefully work on each fingernail to achieve better-looking nail shades and polish.
Any other tips for an at-home manicure session? Feel free to share them in the comments below.
Leave a Reply