We have an extra special post today – we got nominated for a Liebster Award which is basically an excuse for us to interview each other and our favourite bloggers, so this was the most fun we’ve ever had. We (okay. it’s me) are unashamedly nosy. The liebster awards are an amazing way to get to know your fellow bloggers. You share it with people starting out who don’t have a lot of followers yet. Or people you just really desperately want to know more about because you’re a huge creep. You get to define those lines yourself.
We were so so excited to hear that we got nominated by Sabrina at Morning, Dear, another local T.O blogger we love! We love an excuse to talk about ourselves (just kidding) and learn more about the blogging community!
SO, here are the rules:
- post the award on your blog (look, we’re already killing it)
- thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog
- write 11 random facts about yourself
- nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 250 followers
- answer 11 questions posted by the present
- ask you nominees 11 questions
11 Random Facts About Us
1. I can eat tacos every night forever. Sometimes I do. It’s gross. – Ashley
2. I can touch the bottom of my nose with the tip of my tongue. – Fernanda
3. I have a 2-year old black pug named Sadie and I’m obsessed with her. – Victoria
4. I love Dunkaroos. I’m 23. – Ashley
5. I love to sing. – Fernanda
6. I used to be an avid Scuba Diver but after a scary mishap on a night dive, I haven’t gone since and am afraid of open water. That was probably 7 years ago. – Victoria
7. I’m an avid Nora Roberts fan. I’ve read all her books. I’m not even ashamed. Well sometimes I’m a little ashamed. – Ashley
8. I am very good and patient with little details, hence why I like doing my nails. – Fernanda
9. Nothing gives me more joy or more anxiety than planning a party. – Victoria
10. I have two half sisters (ages 4 and 7) and a half brother (he’s 21). I also have a golden retriever named Tucker and a boyfriend who mostly puts up with the craftermath of my blog projects, and a cat who almost never leaves my craft supplies where he finds them. – Ashley
11. I have read every Tamora Pierce book, and have even gone to a SciFi convention to have her sign one of them. – Fernanda
11 Questions from Morning, Dear
1. What’s one piece of advice you’d like to give your younger self?
– Don’t date high school boys. And tell Brad to lock the house during the keg party. – Ashley
– Dont take life too seriously, and be prepared for things to not turn out as you plan all the time. – Fernanda
– Think about that tattoo for longer. And be more confident. – Victoria
2. Who do you look up to most?
– My mom is a badass and I love it. She always juggles a million things at once and she’s never idle, she’s mean and charming and hilarious and fun and sweet and secretly a huge softie and my best friend. I’ve always wanted to be like her when I grow up. – Ashley
– My parents, who made the incredible sacrifice of leaving their home country to move to Canada and give my brothers and myself a better life. – Fernanda
– I wouldn’t say that I look up to one person or have one role model. Many people, whether I know them or not, inspire me in different ways. – Victoria
3. What would be your dream dinner-party guest list.
– I think a celebrity dinner party would be SO fun with: Emma Stone, Ellen DeGeneres, Mindy Kaling, Jennifer Lawrence, Anna Kendrick, Jimmy Fallon, Miles Teller… I could go on. Actually can I erase all that and just have a dinner date with Sam Claflin? Great, thanks. – Victoria
– Can I have Victoria’s discarded guest list? I think Mindy Kaling is my spirit animal. – Ashley
4. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
Well once upon a time I was supposed to have a totally different future, and I was supposed to take my honours degrees to law school and become this badass lawyer who wore tailored suits and struck fear into the hearts of slimy businessmen, but then I started feeling unchallenged in my academic environment. I’d always loved being creative and I wasn’t using it in real life anymore.
And I’d always taken entertaining to a whole new level. For our housewarming party in university we had an 80s theme and I cut up bristol board and made our wall a Pacman scene. Everybody was playing beer pong and I was like, “Oh guys, I forgot to put on the Jane Vonda workout video for ambience.” So I’d surf all these creative blogs to fill that void, and then I thought “Hey, I can do that, and I can do it in CANADA” where I think the creative blog world is very underground right now if you aren’t tapped in. And then when I thought about what I wanted to do with my life I realized I just wanted to plan parties and make people happy. I just wanted to be the girl that loved parties.
So the Party Girl was my way of being creative and having fun and planning parties, and sharing it with other people who felt the same way. It became this thing where it wasn’t just me, it was a type of girl (or guy) and I was going to show them what they could do. – Ashley
5. What are your favourite blogs?
–http://blog.hwtm.com/ (Hostess with the Mostess)
6. Describe your dream house.
– A little farmhouse with a big wrap around porch and a library and a craft room with a wall full of cubbies and each cubby is a party theme and has a party on it. – Ashley
– A house with lots of land, a library for all of my books, a huge kitchen to cook in and a great patio to lounge in, either by myself or with some of my friends. – Fernanda
– A house big enough for a room for my pets (I plan on having many), a comfy reading nook, a huge closet so I can organize and space out all of my clothes, a crafts room, a gift wrapping room. Nothing too modern-looking. I like classic and cozy houses. -Victoria
7. Where were you born and where did you grow up?
– I was born in Richmond Hill and then raised in a super small town called Haliburton where you can’t even be born because the hospital isn’t equipped for births. In 2014. THAT’S REAL LIFE PEOPLE. But it’s a really gorgeous magical place with a lot of trees and lakes and sometimes during science class I watched the fire helicopters do drills in the lake with giant buckets of water instead of learning about covalent bonds so I win. – Ashley
– Born in Rio Negro, Argentina, where literaly there was nothing to do and nowhere to go. Moved to downtown Buenos Aires when I was five. We lived in a little apartment and my brothers and I shared a room. Needless to say I was very much one of the guys. Then moved to the outskirts of Buenos Aires, where I we stayed for 4 years until I was 11 and my family moved to Canada. We have been living in Newmarket ever since. – Fernanda
– Toronto born and raised! – Victoria
8. What’s your morning routine?
– Ignore my alarm, ignore my dog, move my cat off my face, text Fernanda and Victoria and say I’m not leaving the house, ignore their responses until it gets violent, get up and eat whatever I find first, straighten my ENDLESS hair, take my dog out, run out of the house late for something. – Ashley
– Very short and simple cause I like to get as much sleep as I can. Get up, brush my teeth and wash my face, change, grab my bag and a quick breakfast and go! – Fernanda
9. What’s your idea of the perfect weekend?
– Brunch, dinner parties, shopping, dragging Justin for walks in the valley with Tucker, movie nights, baking. But mostly brunch. – Ashley
– Sleep in, make a big and healthy brunch, then head out for a day of horseback riding, hiking, rock climbing, anything outdoors. And finish it with reading a good book and enjoying dinner with James. – Fernanda
– Stay in and watch movies with my friends and my pug. Maybe leave the house once for froyo. -Victoria
10. What makes you laugh more than anything?
– Everything. The Mindy Project. Tumblr. My boyfriend. My brother. My friends. – Ashley
– That part in Frozen when Oloff sneezes and his nose goes all the way on his head. – Fernanda
– My pug. – Victoria
11. What’s your guilty pleasure?
– Brunch. #ForeverBrunch. And maybe Dance Moms. That’s pretty guilty. – Ashley
– Dessert, can’t live without it. And a good John Mayer song. -Fernanda
– Chips, Taylor Swift songs, and trashy books. -Victoria
1. Winter – Weekends With Winter | @2. Kerri – A Pop of Pretty | @3. Casey – Waffling Design | @4. Meredith – More Than Yesterday | @5. Hailey – Here Nor There | @6. Julia – Home On 129 Acres | @homeon129acres
7. Melissa – The Whimsical Wife | @8. Kathleen – Snowdrop and Company | @
9. Anna – Spunky Sapphire | @10. Andrea – Personally Andrea | @11. Joan – Nicer Than New | @
We Want to Know
1. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
2. What are you favourite blogs?
3. Where were you born and were did you grow up?
4. Do you like to travel? What’s your favourite place you’ve been to?
5. What do you love about blogging?
6. What is the number one thing you’d like to get out of your blog?
7. What’s one thing you’ve always wished you knew how to do?
8. What is your favourite post from your blog?
9. What is one lesson you’ve learned since starting your blog?
10. What’s your favourite movie and why?
11. What are you reading right now?
And that’s it! We’re excited to hear all your answers!