I have a weakness for Aero chocolate. It’s the bubbles, and the melting in your mouth, and the deliciousness. So when I found a pack of MINT chocolate Aero Bubbles (the new, individual kind that are dangerous because you’ll eat them all) on sale at the grocery store (where I went specifically for bread to make garlic bread and $90 later…) I couldn’t say no.
Mint chocolate is the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in a way that’s a bit friendlier for your liver. Plus they’re always a crowd pleaser. Paired with some green M&Ms for a little Irish touch they make a super sweet (and fun!) snack!
I basically just added a little twist on my nana’s classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. I always love these cookies, they’re a little bit chew and a little bit crunch, and always a whole lot tasty. That sounded like a commercial, but I mean it.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups crushed Aero Mint Chocolate Bubbles (if you don’t like super minty mint chocolate, I’d suggest a cup of the Aero bubbles and a cup of regular semi sweet chocolate chips to mellow it out a bit)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add in your Aero Mint chocolates and chocolate chips, and mix them around so they’re well distributed. Set aside.
3. In a mixer, beat softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until blended together.
4. In a small bowl, beat 2 eggs. Add vanilla.
5. With your mixer on low/medium, alternate between a scoop of dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt) and a bit of wet ingredients (egg/vanilla). Keep alternating, pausing to let your mixer blend everything together, until your ingredients are all in the bowl.
*Pro tip from Ashley’s nana: start with dry and end with dry.
My nana say this recipe makes like five dozen cookies but I don’t believe her. Or I did something terribly wrong because I only had two dozen. They were delicious though.
Will you be trying these Aero Mint Chocolate Bubble + M&M cookies for St. Patrick’s Day? We’d love to hear what you think about this recipe in the comments below!