Get these Halloween DIY printables for the perfect dessert bar at your spooky party!
We’re dusting off a Halloween DIY favourite from the archives this week, because these printables are too cute not to share twice. Are you hosting a party October 31st? This DIY will help add a spooky finishing touch to your dessert party. After all, the perfect way to add some fun to any party is with a sundae bar – because who doesn’t love ice cream sundaes, especially with fun toppings!
These Halloween themed printables add a fun and clever accent to your sundae toppings, but you can also wrap up this tutorial as a hostess gift.
All you need are these test tube label printables, test tubes, and Halloween sprinkles. You can find test tubes pretty much anywhere this time of year, like the craft store or online. I found mine on Amazon.
You can use any of your favourite toppings, but here’s what I did.
- crushed red crystal sprinkles for “vampire blood”
- white sprinkles for “crushed bones”
- chocolate sprinkles for “tarantula legs”
- little skull candies from Bulk Barn for “shrunken skulls”
- mini ghost sprinkles (with some bats thrown in) for “mini ghosts” (another great idea for this one is mini marshmallows, but I couldn’t track any down this week that would fit in my test tubes – #partyplannerproblems)
If you don’t buy test tubes with a stand, you can poke holes in a empty kleenex box and wedge the tubes in that way. Just cover the box with black tissue paper for a spooky Halloween effect!
And if you aren’t a fan of ice cream (what – who are you?) we threw in another printable to help you out. Use our “happy haunting” printable and package up test tube treats to go as party favours!
Not having a party? That’s okay – this sundae bar is so easy you don’t need to break out the guest list. Why not try it as a Halloween dessert for the littles before you head out for trick or treating? What do you think – will you be trying a spooky test tube sundae bar this Halloween?