The perfect way to add some fun to any party is with a sundae bar – because who doesn’t love ice cream sundaes, especially with fun toppings. And you can customize pretty much any topping to suit your party theme, especially when you have a party planner friend design some super cute printables to help you label your sundae toppings. AND when you serve those toppings up in something perfectly seasonally appropriate – test tubes!
You can find test tubes pretty much anywhere this time of year, like the craft store or online. I found mine on Amazon.
You can use any of your favourite toppings, but here’s what I did.
- crushed red crystal sprinkles for “vampire blood”
- white sprinkles for “crushed bones”
- chocolate sprinkles for “tarantula legs”
- little skull candies from Bulk Barn for “shrunken skulls”
- mini ghost sprinkles (with some bats thrown in) for “mini ghosts” (another great idea for this one is mini marshmallows, but I couldn’t track any down this week that would fit in my test tubes – #partyplannerproblems)
If you don’t buy test tubes with a stand, you can poke holes in a empty kleenex box and wedge the tubes in that way. Just cover the box with black tissue paper to add to the effect.
And if you aren’t a fan of ice cream (what – who are you?) we threw in another printable to help you out. Use our “happy haunting” printable and package up test tube treats to go as party favours!
Not having a party? That’s okay – this sundae bar is so easy you don’t need to break out the guest list. Why not try it as a Halloween dessert for the littles, or even an after dinner treat this week? What do you think – will you be trying a spooky test tube sundae bar this Halloween?