The perfect tips to keep your nails looking fresh all summer long!
With the official start start of summer only 6 days away, I thought it would be perfect to share some insight onto how to maintain your nails healthy and strong throughout the summer. Summer is all about adventure, fun and lots of sun! But that doesn’t mean that your nails should suffer, so follow the steps below to ensure your perfect manicure all summer long!
1. One major affect of summer that can deteriorate your nails is heat, which can bake nail polish and leave behind a yellow tint. To prevent this, try prepping nails with two layers of a base coat and choose light polish colors.
2. Weakness is another big issue during the summer. Chlorine and even air-conditioning can make nail surfaces brittle, so try to limit your time in both. I also always like to apply a strengthening base coat to help my nails get stronger.
3. Infections are a nasty thing to deal with when all you are trying to do is soak up some sun by the pool. Because we tend to go swimming, exercise and visit spas more often in the summer we are more likely to catch an infection during these warm months. So be sure to wear some type of footwear at all times when in public to keep those infections at bay!
4. One of my worst problems during the summer is ragged cuticles. Pool or ocean water can dry out your skin, so before getting in, dab on a moisture-rich balm. Also, always keep some moisturizer at your desk, you can put it on during the day to keep your nails moisturized even when you aren’t hitting the water.
5. Finally our last advise is to go naked! Every so often it’s good for your nails to get a break from the polish and bare the au natural look. It’ll help your brittle nails get some much needed oxygen and strength!
Have any other nail caring tips you use to keep your nails looking perfect during the summer? Let us know below!