Get this hot chocolate bar printable sign PLUS our top 8 tips for styling the perfect station!
Hot chocolate bars are the answer to your holiday hostess woes, and today I’m sharing some of my favourite tips for styling the perfect cocoa station! Not only is this my fave time of year, it’s also the best season for decorating. Odds are you’ll be hosting a few holiday gatherings this season, and making sure your home is looking the part can be stressful. If you’re looking for some help with getting your party spaces winter-ready, you should check out Havenly, an amazing online resource connecting real interior designers with people just like you! Regardless of your budget or design know-how, the pros at Havenly can show you the best way to showcase your space for holiday hostessing!
Luckily we’re jumping on the bandwagon for this season’s biggest trend – the hot chocolate bar! Setting up a make-your-own cocoa station is the perfect festive & interactive treat for party guests.
Setting up your own hot chocolate bar is so easy too! All you need are a few supplies, a cozy corner, and our free printable Hot Chocolate Bar sign. I put together a few of my favourite hot chocolate set up staples below, but you can get creative with your own station, or change it up depending on the audience. Having a hot chocolate bar for kids? Why not add some sprinkles or kid-friendly mugs? Having an adult dinner party? Add some alcoholic mixes like Bailey’s or Kahlua.
How To Style Your Own Hot Chocolate Bar:
- Mix it up! I love using a variety pieces for serving and styling parties because it adds a touch of the unexpected to your set up. Using a vintage vinegar and oil set for liquid toppings like Bailey’s Irish Cream or peppermint eggnog (for example) looks pretty AND classic! Use old salt and pepper shakers for powders like cinnamon or Oreo crumbs.
- Take things to new heights. Don’t have a lot of space available to lay out mugs for the whole family? Why not take advantage of vertical space by using a cake or cupcake stand to display your bar pieces. This tiered rustic stand from Etsy is one of my faves!
- Add some colour. I have a soft spot for playful mugs, and these clever alphabet mugs from Indigo are the perfect touch!
- Stir it up. Sure you can use regular coffee stirrers (or, let’s be real, spoons) for mixing your hot chocolate, but why not combine the playful with the practical wherever possible? Use candy cane drink stirrers or chocolate spoons, like these ones (or DIY your own!) to add some flavour while you stir.
- Treat yo’self. Regular marshmallows are great, but you know what’s even better? SNOWFLAKE MARSHMALLOWS! Add some winter flavour to your beverages with these super cute treats.
- Keep it mobile. Whether you’re setting up a hot chocolate bar at a holiday party or just making it a staple in your kitchen for the holidays, having hot chocolate on the go is never a bad idea. DIY favours are the perfect take-out option, like this easy option (just add water!).
- Stick with classics. Because Santa mugs will never get old. Don’t want to have a ton of these lying around for the 11 other months of the year? Use one in place of a bowl for your marshmallows, or to hold stir sticks as decor!
- Use what you have. Who says you have to keep your bar on the kitchen counter? Take advantage of that old dresser you keep meaning to re-purpose in the garage, or drag out an old sideboard table and keep your hot chocolate station on display AND out of the way!
What do you think? Will you be trying your own hot chocolate bar this holiday season?